Welcome to the

Durham University Finance Society

DUFS are proud to be sponsored by these organisations

About Us

Created in 2003, DUFS is the premier and largest financial skills and careers student society at the Durham University, representing and working for over 3,500 student members.

There are no membership fees: absolutely any student enrolled at the University can join us and attend all our events for free. We can operate thanks to the generous Sponsorship of our sponsors.

Our Mission Statement


...through attending workshops and partner’s presentations.


...through initiatives such as the Market Report and Investment Fund.


...top-tier financial firms through networking with and applying to partners.

Latest News

Refurbed: A second life for a smartphone by Mattia Tino

The theme of WEEE (Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment) is more current than ever. Every year around 50 million tons of cyber-garbage are thrown away, which, in terms of recoverable materials, would be worth approximately $62.5 billions. Of these, only 20% are disposed with legal methods: the remaining 80% is thrown into gigantic landfills on…
Read More

Alibaba: en-route to greatness or disaster? By Devansh Sachdeva

Alibaba, Chinese e-commerce giant, has started showing recovery signs as stock prices increase steadily after the steep downfall in mid-December. With stock prices (NYSE: BABA) falling as low as US$ 130.60 in December 2018, the company has revived itself and beat analysts’ forecast to reach a healthy US$ 166.82. Despite revenues falling to a threw…
Read More

Facebook Among Firms to Support Affordable Housing in San Francisco by Kevin Owens

Big tech firms such as Facebook are pillars of their local communities. They attract a highly-skilled and educated workforce and pay high incomes to their employees. While a young, smart, wealthy population sounds great on the surface, there are drawbacks to such a demographic shift. Since the internet boom of the 1990s and 2000s, the…
Read More